Want To Open An Online Store?
Here are 5 things to consider before open an online store:
1) Products - Before you do anything, it is important to decide what type of products you will be selling online. If you don't like manage inventory you can find some great apps from the Shopify app store. We'll talk about that later...
2) Customers - It is very important to know as much as you can about your prospects (customers) so you can avoid some pitfalls when it comes to market your products. For ex: If you are selling cat stuff, your potentials customers could be "cat lovers" "cat owners" "age range from 25-64" "gender: female" etc...
3) Competition - It is important as new online seller to do some competitive research. Taking the time to view your competition critically will give you insights into how you should or should not price and market your items. And remember the e-commerce game is price-base and you'll want to make sure price your items competitively.
4) Advertising - We all heard about this saying... Open it and they will come. Wrong! Now in a day having an online store up and running is not enough to give you the type of freedom you are looking for. You must know how to bring the right traffic to your store. Facebook business makes it easier than ever to reach your customers using their advertising platform with just $5 per day ads.
Warning: Before you start running ads you will want to make sure that you are at least comfortable on loosing some money while testing. Or you can easily find some free resources from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google ads and Bing ads to get started. We recommend that you start out with one platform first (learning, testing) until you get comfortable to where you can scale all the way to the roof then move to the next platform (rinse and repeat). You got it, right?
5) Launching - launching a new e-commerce site can be doubting task, specially if you haven't done one before. But Shopify makes it way easy for anyone with little to no tech skills to open an online store. They also have some free and paid themes that you can use for your store. So you can pick the one that matches your products then customize it your way. If you get stuck - don't worry check out their free online tutorials or you can reach out to us here by filling out the contact form with the subject "store setup help". We'll do our best to help you out.
The good thing about Shopify is that they literally do all of the hard work for you. From hosting, shopping cart, payment (depend on country), and hassle-free setup.
These 5 tips might seem harsh. However, you can make a great deal of revenue as online seller overnight if you understand that it takes time, energy, effort and dedication to get there. Work smart - not hard!
Ready to open your online store?