Open Your Own Online Store
Here are 5 things to consider before open an online store:
1) Products - Before you do anything, it is important to decide what type of products you will be selling online. If you don't want to manage inventory you can find some great apps from the Shopify app store to manage inventory for you.
2) Competition - It is important as a new online seller to do some competition research. Taking the time to view your competition critically will give you insights into how you should or should not price and market your items. And remember: the e-commerce game is price-based and you'll want to make sure to price your items competitively.
3) Customers - It is very important to know as much as you can about your prospects (customers) so you can avoid some pitfalls when it comes to marketing your products. For ex: If you are selling cat stuff, your potential customers could be "cat lovers" "cat owners" "age range from 25-64" "gender: female", etc. Stick-It-Out Marketing can help you with this!
4) Advertising - We have all heard the saying... If you build it they will come. Wrong! Nowadays having an online store up and running is not enough to give you the type of freedom you are seeking. You must know how to bring the right traffic to your store. Facebook business makes it easier than ever to reach your customers using their advertising platform with just $5 per day ads.
Warning: Before you start running ads you will want to make sure that you are at comfortable on spending some money while testing, before you begin to see a return. Or you can easily find some free resources from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google ads and Bing ads to get started. We recommend that you start out with one platform first (learning, building and testing) until you get comfortable before you can scale up to the maximum. Then you can move on to the next platform. Lather, rinse and repeat, right?
5) Launching - launching a new e-commerce site can be challenging task, especially if you haven't done it before. But Shopify makes it easy for anyone with little-to-no tech skills to open an online store. They also have some free and paid themes that you can use for your store, allowing you to pick the one that matches your products and customize it your way. If you get stuck - don't worry; check out their free online tutorials or you can reach out to us here by filling out the contact form with the subject "store setup help". We'll do our best to help you out.
The good thing about Shopify is that they literally do all of the hard work for you. Whether it is hosting, shopping cart, payment (depending on country), or hassle-free setup; for every part - they have you covered.
These 5 tips might seem hard or overwhelming. However, you can make a great deal of revenue as an online seller if you understand that it takes time, energy, effort and dedication to get there. Work smarter - not harder!
Ready to open your online store?